Reflection and Congruence
- Given that A’ (3, -3) is the image of A (-1, -5) under a reflection. Find the equation of the mirror line in the form of
ax + by + c = 0 (4 mks)
- Three planes A, B and C leave an airport P simultaneously at 9.30a.m. Plane A flies on
a bearing of 070o from P at a speed of 400km/h. Plane B flies on a bearing of 290oat a
speed of 500km/h. Plane C flies on a bearing of 162o from P at a speed of 300km/h.
(Use scale drawing for this question)
(a) Show by scale drawing, the relative positions of the 3planes A, B and C three hours
after leaving airport P. (Use scale 1cm represents 200km)
(b) After 3 hours, B turns and head straight to the current position of A at the same
speed it had. Determine the scale drawing, the time it takes to reach this point, to
the nearest minute
(c) Determine the bearing and distance of B from C after the first 3 hours of flight after
- Triangle PQR has vertices P(3,2), Q(-1,1) and R(-3,-1).
(a) Draw PQR on the grid provided. (1mk)
(b) Under a rotation the vertices of P1Q1R1 are P1(1,4), Q1(2,0) and R1(4,-1). Find the centre and angle of rotation using points P and Q. (4mks)
(c) Triangle PQR is enlarged with scale factor 3 centre O(0,0) to give triangle P2Q2R2. Draw triangle P2Q2R2 and state its co-ordinates. (2mks)
(d) Triangle P1Q1R1 undergoes reflection in line y = -x to give triangle P3Q3R3. draw P3Q3R3 and state its coordinates. (3mks)
- The figure below shows part of a diagram of rotation symmetry order 3 about a point O. Complete the diagram. (3mks)
- In the figure below, triangle AIBICI is the image of triangle ABC under a rotation, centre O.
By construction, find and label the centre O of the rotation.
Hence, determine the angle of the rotation. \
- The ratio of the lengths of the corresponding sides of two similar rectangular water
tanks are 3: 5. The volume of the smaller tank is 8.1m3. Calculate the volume of the
Read Also: Quadratic Expression